Monday, November 7, 2011

November 6, 2011

I'm feeling at home serving in the city finally. It took a long time to adjust from the "small-town/country" attitude to the "city" attitude. The differences in missionary work styles are so different. Both are great and both are inspired.

Great experience this past week-we were contacting last Tuesday and we ran into a girl named Celinne. She is YSA age and from Germany, we talked to her on her FIRST day in Canada. She is awesome! Super open to learning and receptive to the truth. We met with her twice over the week and got to know her a bit and taught her about the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. She came to church yesterday and liked it a lot. In Relief Society I guess they were having a discussion and D&C9:7-8 came up. It talks about finding answers to prayers through a "burning" or "peaceful" feeling. Right after church Celinne was so excited to find us and tell us that she already knew about that! That is how she has been making decisions and praying to God most of her life. It was a big faith booster for her to be able to learn that in a church her first day. She had never really learned anything of value at a church before, and she loved what was talked about this past Sunday. She is doing great and hopefully will continue to progress in the gospel!

The past 2 months have been the toughest of my mission. I feel as if I've been stretched in every way possible. However, I am so grateful for the lessons that I have learned and the experiences I have obtained. They are the most valuable of my life because they have been purchased with the highest price. Heavenly Father gives us just what we need when we need it. My growth has been hard, but it has been so, so worth it.

A mission is the greatest thing ever.

-Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment