Sunday, November 6, 2011

August 29, 2011

Summer is fleeing quickly. The snow is coming back to good old Canada sooner than later. The weather is really cooling off. Not many hot days anymore. Perfectly pleasant with chilly evenings, nights, and mornings. It’s only a matter of time till its winter again. My last winter in Canada. Weird.

This week was fantastic. Lots of teaching. Member referrals. New investigators. Spiritually powerful lessons. A week where you can come home and say 'I fulfilled my purpose." It feels nice.

Something amazing about your mission is that you are blessed with a testimony. A testimony that the Lord is going before us in all things. ALL things. We'll pass from this life someday and see how much He was involved in all that has happened and we will be humbled. I heard in a district meeting from an old experienced missionary that when you find somebody to teach, it is because they asked the Lord for you to come. It’s not because of chance. Its because they asked God for answers. They asked Him for direction. They asked Him for more peace. They pleaded for Him to answer their prayers and fill in many missing pieces in their lives. And when you point out to these people you've only known 30 minutes that THEY asked God to send you, it’s a powerful moment when you see them realize that you are right. The spirit will work with people as you testify of true things. The work of the Lord is pretty simple. God has a will for everything and we get to help Him accomplish it. What a blessing.

Transfer calls are next Sunday. My time in Brampton has been much too quick. I was just arriving here a few weeks ago it feels like. When you are connected to your purpose, it doesn't matter if you are leaving an area in 5 months, or in a week. You want to work and lift where you stand to fulfill the will of our Father. It’s how I feel. And I couldn't have gotten to this point without the Atonement.

I love my mission. I love the gospel. I love the Atonement. I love my Savior. I love His church.

Make this week a great week.

E. PORTER

No comments:

Post a Comment