Sunday, November 6, 2011

August 8, 2011

The weeks and months are like days in the mission field. Ever-increasing time passing scares me. It makes (as it should) any competent missionary stop and think. Am I doing the right things for the right reasons? Am I learning all I must? Am I keeping my covenants? Am I being transformed from social, to honorable, to sacred? Am I acting in the way the Savior would? Is the Atonement taking an active role and spot in my day to day life?

The answers to these questions don't come from anything except counsel and conversation between you and our Father. Only the medium of the spirit can teach us these truths, thus allowing us to return from our assignments with honor and peace. Peace is what everybody wants.

The past weeks have been interesting. Lots of stretching, learning, and growing. The spirit has taught me much. The keys of the Priesthood are real.

We had a great week. On Tuesday, we set up an appointment with our investigator, Chander, who is progressing from Hinduism. We had lessons with her at her fellowshipers home. It was a very powerful lesson-we were able to review the importance of the Restoration, and create an environment where the spirit could teach all of us, including her, what we must to do find answers and eventually return Home. Chander accepted a baptismal date on September 4th. The spirit was powerful, and you could see the influence of the Lord working and cranking the spiritual cogs and gears inside her soul as she was taught what steps must be taken. There is lots and lots of progression to happen before then-but September 4th is the goal we're working towards. Exciting evening. The members who we worked with obviously had not had a spirit filled lesson for quite a while. They are more than enthusiastic every time they spot us and invite us to bring investigators or to come for dinner every time we chat. The key to getting missionary work moving is member work. There is nothing more powerful than a sincere member's testimony. Good evening.

We're still working to find people to teach, but my testimony is every increasing of inspired planning. Having 15 minutes to find you can still find people to teach, set up appointments, and fulfill your purpose.

I'm continuing to learn and grow. We had a big zone conference this week-4 zones were included. My trainer is now a zone leader of a neighboring zone, so it was good to see and meet with him. Every time we have a big zone conference or mission conference, it really is like Alma and the 4 sons of Mosiah meeting up again. So joyous and happy. Beyond what I've felt before my mission. The gospel and the spirit creates bridges and relationships that nothing else could. On a sad note, President Brower leaves on August 29. I will miss and love that man for the rest of my life. Truly.

All in all, great week. Still working hard. I've got 4 weeks left in Brampton (probably). I'll be sad to go. But in the mean time I'll keep working hard and relying on the Lord.

E. PORTER

No comments:

Post a Comment