Sunday, November 6, 2011

September 6, 2011

There is a time and a season for everything I suppose! My time in Brampton city is finally up. It’s been a good 5+ months. I've seen people change and accept the gospel. I've seen miracles in small ways throughout my time here. I've had the privilege of teaching by the spirit and feeling the undeniable power that comes along with it. But the greatest thing I've seen in a clear sight are the many blessings that I've been blessed with. I didn't even realize until the morning after I got my transfer call. The Lord has blessed me SO much. He knows who I am and knows what I need to progress. It’s easy to forget who you are-as a rep of Jesus Christ I mean. The world can dim your own view of your calling sometimes. But it’s so, so true and so important to remember that the Lord will carry your actions and words further than you can imagine. Your labors are magnified to those around you because of the spirit of the Lord. I know this to be true by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I am leaving my trainee after 2 transfers...quite typical. I've been here for 4 transfers, which is also quite typical. I've loved my time here, and I'm happy and excited to be going to DOWNTOWN TORONTO. Yeah. I'll be serving in one of the four downtown areas. The Don Valley ward is what it called. My ward has 3 companionships of missionaries. 1 English, 2 Farsi. The only 4 Farsi missionaries in the world as a matter of fact. I will have a bus pass, a subway pass, and a car. Luckily. My area is huge and has more than 500,000 people in it. Lots of people to find and baptize I suppose, eh? I'm excited, and also nervous. Downtown "on your toes work" is something that isn't my strength. Guess I'll have to be changed yet again to be what the Lord wants. My new companions name is Elder Tomsik! He came out with my trainee, Elder Wendt. He's been on his mission for about 3 months. He has been a member for about a year and a half, and is from Czech Republic. He is about 3 inches taller than me and he has lots of muscles. Which will be nice because we have lots of scary places and gang violence in our area apparently. But also a lot of nice areas, and amazingly humble and prepared people in both without a doubt. I'm headed out for the switch on Wednesday.

The gospel is sooo true. So true. The Book of Mormon helps us feel the spirit. I know it does. My testimony of the gospel has come through the Book of Mormon even stronger as a missionary. Lots of memorable experiences in the quiet hours of study time where my prayers have been answered or my concerns have been resolved. Heavenly Father loves us so much.

Keep it up! Chose the right.

E. PORTER

No comments:

Post a Comment