Friday, December 2, 2011

November 21, 2011

Well, something exciting happened this week. It snowed. Not a lot, and it didn't stick, but it snowed.

Don Valley ward is doing well. Our District is very unique. 4 Farsi Elders and 4 English Elders. The Farsi Elders stay in the same ward their whole mission. They all stick around so we get to know them very well.

Elder Tomsik and I have been together for 11 weeks...and transfer calls are next Sunday. I've decided it’s worthless to try to guess what will happen because the Lord usually has a very different idea than you do about what is best. We'll leave it up to him, but there could be a potential change coming up.

We are working with a really awesome YSA girl named Celine-she is from Germany! We talked to her on her first day in Canada, and she's doing awesome. She's been to church all 3 weeks she's been here, and she's read a huge chunk of the Book of Mormon. We've had some great lessons with her. She even taught the family she is staying with the Plan of Salvation! We'll help her understand what the spirit is telling her and set her with a baptismal date soon.

I am grateful for the way the gospel allows relationships to be strengthened way beyond what they could be without it. The love of God is the mending power that holds everything together!

This week my thoughts have found a certain subject. I know that our weaknesses can be transformed and made into strengths. I have changed a lot over the past while, but I'm still the same person I was when I left. I'm just a better same person. That’s all. Jesus helps us be our best selves, it’s really that simple!

I love this work and am so happy I have this opportunity to labor for my Master!

No comments:

Post a Comment