Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time continues to explode

June 4, 2012

Time continues to explode by as usual. As time is going by we continue to be flooded with blessings from the Lord. I know so strongly, and know stronger and stronger as my mission goes by that He sees us, He understands and knows our effort, He recognized when we push and endure through difficult challenges, and He knows when we make correct decisions.

The past few months have been the best, most enjoyable of my life. I've never recognized the Master's hand more in my work, I've never felt as strong commitment as I feel now, and I've never felt as connected to the spirit. Our area has received so many unexpected blessings. June is gearing up to be a great month. Yesterday we had 3 investigators at church-all of them Chinese students! 2 of them have baptismal dates for later in the month. One is a referral from a recent convert who is making such leaps and bounds in her spiritual understanding and progression that she may be ready for baptism before her date on the 24th! We've witnessed her sweet first prayers and she builds a relationship with God. We've seen her repent, show faith, and develop a desire to follow Christ. The spirit is enlightening her understanding and she tastes the sweetness of the gospel beginning to enter her life. What a blessing it is to be a missionary!

The recent converts we've had in the branch are doing so well. I have such a strong testimony of conversion and the power the gospel has to change our natures. I know the Atonement is real. I've felt its power.

The great London Zone is doing so good! We have goals to baptize double this month than what was averaged every month last year. Elder Hancock and I are preparing for Zone Conference on Tuesday-the revelation that the Lord gives us if we ask with a sincere desire to help others is real. I've felt direction come so many times as a leader. I'm grateful for His watchful care.

We're praying for 3 baptisms in our area this month! Miracles will happen if we consecrate ourselves more each day.

-Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment