Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Be Your Best Self!

October 20, 2012

Hello!!

Another incredible week come and gone. Impressions that came during general conference are still echoing in my mind. I absolutely loved the central message that stuck out-that being to be your best self and live the moment to its fullest. This translates in my mind to take every second and live it the way the Savior himself would. I’ve prayed for the decisions He would make to become clear in my mind as I go throughout my day. I can feel His attributes becoming a part of who I am. I am grateful for the enabling power of the Atonement and the changes that it has allowed me to make. I love Him and his law and have a desire to serve Him to the end.

The transfer is coming to a close rapidly. Elder Green and I felt that exchanging all the zone leaders this transfer was important, and we have been able to work with 9 of 10, with our 10th scheduled for early next week. I am loving being able to share what I have learned over the past 2 years with some of my closest missionary friends who are serving as zone leaders. Each time I work with another companionship I learn new things that are practical and helpful in become a better equipped missionary. Not only that, but my conversion is deepening as I see their examples of faith, obedience, and hard work. I am grateful for this remarkable chance to assist the key holder in the great Canada Toronto Mission.

In our proselyting area, we were able to have a baptism this past Sunday!  She was introduced to the church a number of years ago by a member she was dating at the time. In the past month she has become completely converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ, when before she only had a desire to get out of the ruts of lower and less excellent ways of living. The Atonement has completely transformed her view of others, the world, and herself. She has been changed as she has understood and come to know the doctrines of the true church. Her testimony after her baptism was so powerful. I am grateful to have been able to share special moments teaching those who are wanting and willing to follow the Savior.

I love my mission so deeply. I love the gospel and the light it brings into life. I am excited to apply what I am learning here at home in the coming months. I am focused and will work hard to the end.

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment