Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22, 2011

I am amazed week by week and day after day by how mindful the Lord is of His children.

I know that our Heavenly Father hears our prayers, and that He answers them in His own timing. He knows what is best for you, and he will put you through hard times, and stretch you just to your limit before he jumps in and lends you His helping hand. I have seen my prayers be answered this week as I'm doing my best to continue to battle through that hard few months of my mission. I am learning and growing, and doing the best that I know how to do.

This week we had lots of finding out in the cold. The whole London Zone seems to be going through a big test of faith during the past transfer. We're all working very hard and trying our best. The Lord obviously has something he needs to teach all of the missionaries serving in this part of His Kingdom. I am happy, honored, and excited to be a part of this great and marvelous latter day work. I am humbled more and more day by day by how merciful the Lord is to us. He loves us, and knows exactly what we are going through.

There aren't many to teach right now because of the cold. Things will pick up next transfer, I'm sure of it. I'll have more to report next week. Next week is actually the last week of my SECOND TRANSFER! Man, I will have been out in the mission field for 3 months at the end of this coming week. I'll probably know who my next companion will be, so I'll update you then.

LOVE

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment