Sunday, December 2, 2012

Two Years Today! (With 5 New Baptismal Dates!)

November 17, 2012

Exactly two years ago today I entered the MTC and began my mission. Two full years are now come and past! I can't believe it sometimes. At this point I am feeling very comfortable with my role and responsibility in the mission. I am in the groove with administrative responsibilities, and I have found that one of my strengths is planning in the way that we are required to, and helping zone leaders improve their zones. I've had some special experiences on our exchanges across the mission in the past few months.

This week we had 2 leadership trainings - one for each half of the mission. All zone leaders, district leaders, new missionaries, trainers, and a few others were invited to attend. That made just about 50 missionaries in attendance from each side of the mission. The meetings were larger than zone conference sized. Through lots of prayer and preparation, Elder Sommerfeldt and I felt no nervousness and literally felt lifted and filled with the spirit during our instructions. I haven't felt as edified as we felt after instructing the mission than we did after those two days. We both feel that it was the best instruction we had been a part of, and our mission president had nothing but positive to say about the meeting and the missionary's responses to the instruction. Our purposes were accomplished! The Lord has helped me come so far and become so much more than I thought would be possible in two short years.

On top of those responsibilities, we had an AMAZING week with our investigators. We found 3 new investigators, had 4 at church, and set 5 baptismal dates. Absolutely incredible. Elder Sommerfeldt and I have unity that I have felt very few times on my mission. We teach seamlessly and spirit is SO strong when we testify of the Savior. My testimony of Him and His reality has increased, and thus the spirit that is felt as I bear witness of His Atonement is as well. I know that ALL the promises given us through the scriptures are real. He will unveil His face to use as we become clean from the sins of this generation, and deny the ungodliness of the world. This is my goal and should be the goal of all those who have entered into covenants with the Father. Remember what we are promised through baptism, receiving the Melchizedek priesthood, and partaking of ordinances in the temple. Those blessings may be ours according to our faithfulness. This I have a testimony of.

I love this time to serve. I've been redeemed and had my views, priorities, and ideas changed to match the Savior's. I am grateful for His perfect law which I love.

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment