Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 21, 2012

I want to give a quick update on what is happening before I read any of your mail!

Sunday evening rolls around and I have no idea if I am going to get a transfer call or not. I wasn't sure if I was done, although I felt that I was. As we were driving home President Scott called us! We pulled over, answered the phone, and got our transfer plans. Elder Welch is staying in our area with another Elder, actually the same Elder that served with Elder Wendt right after I trained him. I spoke to President and I have received a new assignment to be a Zone Leader in the London Zone! I'M BACK IN LONDON! I was soooo surprised to get the opportunity to get right back to where I started my mission off at. But to add onto that, I am serving with ELDER HANCOCK! Round two! I'm sitting at the church emailing right now in London with Elder Hancock...talk about unexpected! I can't put into words how excited and happy I am to be here in this spot with my great companion. By the time we are done together, we will have spent over 6 months of our missions together. There really is no better way to spend my time. I've been built up and tried by my challenges and now I've been given a chance to lay out all I've learned and prepare to see the fruits of those lessons. I'm serving in the YSA branch here in London. We meet at the same building as London 2nd ward does. I couldn't be more excited to be here right now.

All of the District Leaders in our Zone I know very well...Elder Nash, Elder Roberts, and Elder Hales...2 of whom I've served with, and the third was my previous District Leader. I know there is so much more they can teach me and I look forward to relying on the Lord to keep moving forward, despite all the excitement and happiness I'm feeling right now.

As far as my work in Don Valley, I feel as if I'm done. I finished what I was supposed to do. Celine left to fly back to Germany the day I left. We were supposed to find her, teach her, baptize her, and prepare her for activity in Germany. I've learned so much and truly have part of my heart left back in Toronto. Those missionaries there are the best in the world and I've developed and made friendships and bonds that will last beyond the eternities. I am a very blessed missionary.

I know the Lord knows what’s going on. He is in control. His plan is what is best. It is so easy to forget. I have seen his support lead me to exactly what makes me happiest and what is best for me. Father knows His children.

I literally got dropped off here at the church straight from Toronto about 15 minutes ago, so I can't tell you much about the area. Other than we work constantly around University of Western Ontario which is one of the most party-ish schools in North America. Fun! Next week I'm sure will bring some good stories.

This I know-the gospel is true. Prayers are heard. Diligent commandment keeping is seen. Stretching to go the extra mile is noticed. We are rewarded in whatever way is best for us. The gospel is real and true.

-Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment