Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 9, 2012

I had with President Scott, we somehow got on the tangant of repentance and obtaining a well set place in the eyes of the Lord. It all comes down to establishing a righteous pattern of living. Of working hard. Of picking things immediately back up after you drop them. From not worrying or waiting, but from going out and doing! That is a lesson I learned while I was here. I did EVERYTHING within my power to qualify for the Lord's blessings. There is no such thing as personal time on a mission I have realized. It is all the Lord's time. Every second. Breaks, mornings, and evenings. The only way to find yourself is to lose yourself.

Status of investigator pool...things got flushed out pretty quickly a few weeks ago and we were left with almost nothing. The past 2 weeks we've found a lot of people and are seeing many of them this coming week. The next few days will strongly determine who will progress and who will not. I'll be able to better talk about it next week. Celine is doing incredible! She got her recommend for her Patriarchal blessing yesterday. She's doing great, reading like 10 chapters of the Book of Mormon a day and still keeping up her strong testimony. She has found out about BYU and is seriously looking into it. She is a convert, fluent in 3 languages, is a cute German girl, and wants to go into business and law. Her grades are perfect. Would there be a more perfect place for her than BYU? I don't think so. Missionaries aren't really supposed to encourage stuff like that so it’s hard to choose what to say and what to not say. We'll see I guess, but it’s possible you could get to know her quite well in the coming years! That would be awesome.

I love you. A lot. I miss you and I miss the rest of the family. Keep your faith high and keep moving forward! There is a plan and a purpose for everything.

Love your son,

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment