Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 3, 2012

My New Year was great!! I tracted in the freezing rain for 3 hours after dinner! What did you do?

Haha, no but it was good. I don't remember what I did during the day, nothing special at all. Can you believe that for the ENTIRE year of 2011 I was on my mission? Come and gone just like that. BANG! Too fast...

I definately know the feeling of wishing you could get a few extra weeks into the space between two days. Quite honestly I am not good at preparing District Meetings. Once a week I get to prayerfully select a topic that the District needs in order to keep moving forward. It may be goal setting or finding tecniques or reviewing the lessons or something like that. I then prepare a 90 minute meeting on the subject. I get stressed while I plan and quite simply don't feel like I've done a stellar job with them so far. I always wish I had more time! I feel good about the meeting I have planned for tomorrow though..its about preparing for and teaching lessons. Hopefully it will be a good spiritual experience.

A mission is pretty cool though, eh? A year ago I couldn't have been able to put together a 90 minute presentation let alone do it every week on a different subject! I sometimes forget how far I've come.  Sorry I don't have more for this week!  Love, E. Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment