Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Well, another week gone by already! Today I was looking at the calendar I have by my desk, and I realized that I have been away on my mission for ALMOST 4 MONTHS. I just stood there and was confused for probably a whole minute, because there was no way I could have been gone that long. WEIRD. I do feel like I am close to completely in missionary mode now. Just taking it one day at a time and trying to do all I can do focus on building up the kingdom. The winters and slow and tough here, but things are still going on. We're only teaching a few investigator lessons a week, but I'm sure it'll speed up as the weather gets warmer.

I got my new companion this past Tuesday! His name is Elder Williams! He was last serving in Tillsonburg. He has been out for 15 month...so a LOT longer than my trainer. He is our district leader for the west/south side of London. There are 4 companionships in our district, so it’s a big one. There is London 2nd (us), London 3rd (sisters), London Chinese, and the YSA Branch (Zone Leaders). He is a really good guy. Really, really goofy. Sometimes a bit too goofy, but he is fun to be around, and he is a real good guy with a good heart. We're getting along just fine after almost the end of week 1 together.

This past week he and I did tons and tons of finding. We had 30 hours of finding, many of which were in the rain, freezing rain, and snow. The first part of the week was VERY productive. We were lead by the spirit, and got a LOT of potential investigators. We've been hanging out at a busy-ish intersection and picking people off. We'll hopefully be able to get 3 new investigators this coming week. It will be nice to slowly fill our teaching pool so we can begin to do what we are called to do, which is to teach! We met a really nice couple with a few kids that seem promising with the little contact we have had with them thus far, but I'll fill you in on what actually happens this coming week.

Funny story for the week. Elder Williams and I are contacting people back home. It was about 8:15, so we didn't have a ton of time left. We saw these two 20ish looking year old guys looking kind of sketchy together having a smoke. Its funny how all your fear leaves concerning talking to sketchy people. In a normal situation, I probably would have crossed the street to get away from them. But I contact them and we start talking about who God actually is. They were both potty mouths and were smoking something funny smelling, but they invited us to come up to their room to have a chat. We didn't feel bad about it, so we agreed. So went up and sat in his apartment and started having a decent conversation about why we are on earth, why bad things happen to innocent people, and who God is. About 10 minutes in, the guy pulls a beer out of his pant pocket and starts drinking it. We tried to keep him on track but about 10 minutes after that he was acting high as a kite and pretty drunk. It went from really normal to really weird, really fast. We started trying to convince us we should come party with him tonight. It was actually really funny, but I felt like we were starting to waste time so we tried to leave. He pretty much forced us to let him add us on Facebook. Then he let us leave, ha. Weird experience. Really weird.

Anyways. I am really grateful to be able to be a misisonary. I feel blessed and honored to be able to do what I'm doing. Feeling the spirit so frequently is quite a marvelous gift and blessing. I cannot wait for the upcoming time I have to serve the Lord with all I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment